The WordPress 2.7 betas are doing the rounds these days. Beta 2 was released recently with the following changes. Version 2.7 has too many goodies but then I’m not really a fan of the stark changes the new versions come with. In fact for most of us it will take time getting used to the new dashboard layout and waiting for the broken plug-ins to be fixed. However the beta2 still can be used provided your blog is still in “beta”.
- The Upload button didn’t always show. Fixed.
- JS on the Dashboard broke for blogs with no comments, causing several UI elements to “freeze”. Fixed.
- Recent Drafts Dashboard module didn’t show correct times. Fixed.
- Various Autosave fixes.
- Redirect after deleting a page from the editor went back to the deleted page. Fixed.
- Fixed loading of translations for default TinyMCE plugins.
- Added avatars to the edit users list.
- Added some missing translations.
- Fixed some validation errors.
- Fixed some PHP warnings and notices.
- Handle inconsistent file permissions during auto upgrade
- Change Publish box layout to better accommodate internationalized text
- Fix quick editing of the last page in the Edit Pages list
- Fix Screen Options for IE
- Fixes for choose tag from tag cloud
- Rewrite rules fixes for certain hosts
- Don’t check for updates on every page load
- Easier post box dropping
- Preview fixes
- RTL fixes
- Fixed broken wp-mail
- Plugin update and install fixes
- First draft of contextual help tab