Have you ever come across a situation which warrants a backup of your WordPress site? Most of the times it happens when you want to make some major changes to the site, like getting a new design or upgrade or any major overhaul. At such times you not only want to backup your database (content), but also your WordPress plugins, themes, customizations etc. Here are some plugins which come in handy for just this kind of work. Check out their features, compatibility and ratings to pick the one that suits your needs.
XCloner – Backup & Restore
XCloner is a backup and restore plugin for WordPress. It backups and restores all the files and database. It generates custom backups for your individual websites through custom admin inputs and enable you to restore the clone at the specified location. It allows you to even share the custom backups with your clients. The same feature of backing up and restoring the data is supported by EZPZ One Click Backup plugin. The feature-set of EZPZ One Click Backup plugin is however more comprehensive and sophisticate than XCloner. Other than simplified backup and restore, it allows you to transfer backups via FTP and gives you an option to save backups to your Dropbox account.
Online Backup For WordPress
Online Backup for WordPress allows you to easily backup your entire WordPress website to email, desktop or free 100 MB storage on Backup Technology’s secure servers. It will backup all the pages, posts, themes, plugins and settings. You will however need to register with Backup Technology to reserve 100 MB storage. If you are not willing to register with Backup Technology, you can install other plugins which facilitate online backups, like:
- WordPress Backup To Dropbox: WordPress Backup To Dropbox will automatically upload your blogs files and a SQL dump of the database to Dropbox at scheduled time.
- Automatic WordPress Backup: Automatic WordPress Backup works in conjugation with AWS S3 (Amazon Web Services’s Simple Storage Service). The plugin allows you to automatically backup important parts of your WordPress install to Amazon S3.
- IDrive For WordPress: Quite similar to Online Backup For WordPress, IDrive For WordPress is designed specifically to backup WordPress blog data into your IDrive online backup account. It provides scheduled as well as immediate and smart backup (along with the restoration) of WordPress blog data including files and MySQL database dump.
myEASYbackup simplifies backing up, restoring and migrating of your WordPress installation. It enables you to backup, restore and migrate, both the code and MySQL tables with a single click. Pressbackup is another backup plugin which allows you to schedule backups of your entire site, restore backups and migrate your site in the event of your server failure or moving. Pressbackup’s free version however requires S3 credentials to automate the backup process. Without S3 it is no good as it asks you to manually download and upload the backup files for your site.
WP-DBManager enables you to manage your WordPress database by allowing you to optimize, repair, backup, restore and delete the database. You can perform all these activities with the help of BackWPup as well. In fact installing BackWPup is more beneficial if you want to backup your WordPress installation online.
If you have just started with WordPress installation, choose the plugin which simply enables to you backup the core files on demand. Start with the basic backup plugin before upgrading to the plugin which offers advanced features like automatic and online backups. In this case WP-DB-Backup fits in the scenario by allowing you to backup your core WordPress database tables on demand.
- How To Integrate Semantic UI Into Your WordPress Theme
- 8 Best Managed Hosting Providers For WordPress
- How To Remove Yoast SEO Open Graph Site Name Property From Your Website
- How To Disable WordPress Admin Menu For Specific ‘Admin’ Users
- WordPress Code Snippets — Detecting Page Parent, Child And Ancestor